Pages

Wednesday, April 22, 2015

30 for 30: day 19 + day 20

day 19




Cobalt & ikat.
And gray.
And dots.
And tassels.

So we have a bit of print-mixing going on here, but from a distance. And lots of neutrals, broken up by a fair amount of cobalt. Not my favorite look from this collection of 30 outfits (“collection.” sounds so fancy.), but not bad, either. Perfect for work, then seeing a girlfriend and playing closet. Then rolling on in to my parent’s house well after midnight…YOLO?

cobalt sweater: GAP Outlet
gray skinnies: c/o AĆ©ropostale
ikat scarf: WalMart
flats: Target


day 20




This sweatshirt dress is such a favorite of mine (maybe most favorite?). The color, the fit, the warmth, the fact that I can easily dress it up or down, wear it with tights or leggings and boots, or bare legs and sandals.

However, as with all dresses, I find it difficult to style it differently (almost) every time I wear it. It’s not that I’m opposed to wearing the same outfit over and over again, but I do like to challenge myself to find new ways to wear my clothes. Then I can really maximize the use/wearing of items in my closet. I do this by changing out my shoes, accessories, jewelry, layers, and bags.
Sometimes I’m more successful than others.

All of that to say, I’m about stumped on ways to wear this dress differently than I already have – I’ve done sandals, tights and boots, and almost every scarf that would look decent with this all navy dress. Any more ideas?

sweatshirt dress: J. Crew Factory
scarf: gift (Old Navy)
sandals: Target
crossbody bag: thrifted


1 comment:

  1. Love both looks! great yellow scarf, very trendy and those shoes are so cute.

    Thanks so much for linking up with Turning Heads Tuesaday!
    xx jess
    www.elegantlydressedandstylish.com

    ReplyDelete