No April Fools' jokes or tricks here. I can never seem to get my act together in time to do something very creative or impactful. Maybe next year?
Check out my extreme print-mixing in this outfit. Stripes, leopard, and dots (the shoes).
It works for a few reasons:
1) the prints don't compete with each other
2) leopard is a neutral and goes with everything
3) the stripes are so teeny that from a distance, this shirt looks solid, again, keeping the prints from competing with each other
4) the print on the shoes is so far away from the prints up top, and also so small, that it looks cohesive
5) because I said it works ;)
Are you a print-mixer? I find that the more and more I do it, the more confident and comfortable I become with it. Sometimes it's even my default when picking out my outfits and accessories, and I have to remember to tone it down occasionally...
Aaaaand, I'm doing another 30 for 30 style challenge for the month of April, so look for those outfits and 30 items to start showing up in the next few days ;)
Here's to getting creative and having a capsule wardrobe for the next month!
pants: c/o Aéropostale