Pages

Wednesday, April 29, 2015

Lilly

I shopped the Lilly Pulitzer for Target line last Sunday. And by shopped it, I mean I was in line before 8 am. Only to have a lot of other over-caffeinated ladies swarm the racks and tear it all bare, like how I imagine a shark's feeding frenzy would look to an observant ocean-dweller.

For real though, by the time I got to the clothing racks, all gone. And all the people ladies were reaching all over each other, and hangers were flying like crazy (slight over-dramatization, but not much).

My friends and I circled the store a few more times, and then creepily hung out by the fitting rooms for any cast-offs in our size.

No such luck.

However, we're resourceful young ladies, so we drove to the store the next town over. And we had much more luck there. We had so much luck, that we took our time perusing the brightly-printed items, and some lady came up right behind us and grabbed all the articles of clothing off the racks, regardless of size. Then she made a beeline for the outdoor section for the houseware items, and proceeded to literally wipe the table clean by sliding all the items into one of her three carts.

It was nuts. Nuts, I tell you. Target stores sold out of Lilly in not just days, or hours, but MINUTES. Li-ch-erally. MINUTES. I love Lilly, and I know a few fellow devotees, but even I was surprised by the number of fellow enthusiasts located in Northern Colorado (it's cold here. there's no beaches. no palm trees. I digress).

Whatever your thoughts on Target's designer collaborations or people reselling the items on eBay, the prints are great, and the price point was impeccable.

And now *drumroll please* I present to you, my newest additions to my Lilly collection.


All my spoils, minus a tray that's pictured below.
Beach bag, scarf, cosmetic bag, fancy headband, clutch, and a few articles of clothing.

Unfortunately, I have yet to wear the shorts, romper, and top, as it's been a bit too cold here in Colorado for fun summer clothes (soon!).


Confession: that romper is a child's size. Yes, yes, I DID scour the little girl's rack and find something that fits me (when being short pays off! finally!). Don't worry - not wearing it to work or for when I need to look like a grown-up, just for weekend romping.


And this scarf - I've already worn it at least twice, and gotten tons of compliments on the color and print. The blue clutch made its first appearance this weekend at a ZTA Alumni event, and the beach bag is going to be perfect for a cruise this summer.


This tray. The one thing I was able to salvage from the afore-mentioned-lady's cart. And I LOVE it. It's called a tray, but I'm finding all sorts of uses for it - koozie holder, remote control station, multiple candle-holding dish, etc. etc.

Sooooo, did you shop Lilly for Target? If so, what were you able to find at your store??

4 comments:

  1. Ooohooo you scored big from the Lilly Target line. Love the romper, shorts and tote bag the most. Cannot wait to see how you style all of these. =)


    Ada. =))

    ReplyDelete
  2. How cute! Hope it warms up in Colorado soon.

    The frustrating thing about the Lilly sellout is, most of the goods seemed to have been swiped by people intending to sell them at a markup on eBay. So gross. Glad you got some!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. OMG yes! that's the worst. BUT, Target has no policy in place to stop consumers, and some people are willing to pay double or triple the cost of an item, which infuriatingly, perpetuates this cycle. ugh.

      Delete