Above are the items I started my 30 for 30 challenge with. I tried to choose some things that would lend themselves to mixing & matching, and some that would stand on their own. Not sure how well those ideas worked out in practice, but that was the thought I started with.
And here is what I came up with. All 30 of them. Any favorites?
So let's recap/reflect, shall we?
What I learned from my first 30 for 30 challenge...
- I get dressed a lot faster with less items to choose from. My Mr. thinks I should always do a 30 for 30 for this reason alone...
- I love to wear my white sandals.
- It's too hot for pants.
- Next time, I should choose items that are all brown OR black (or all tan, etc.), not a black blazer with brown wedges.
- I think this challenge would be easier for me in the winter - I could layerlayerlayer and come up with different combinations to my hearts content.
- More neutral shoes might have been a better choice, instead of pink sneaks & sparkly white ones.
- This past month has made me realize I really don't need any more clothes - I need to pare down my HUGE closet AGAIN and keep what I LOVE and reflects ME, and is flattering. So, why did I go shopping this month? Great question, friends. The items I bought weren't that expensive - but maybe that's the issue. I buy inexpensive (but cute!) things and then just hang onto them foreverrrrr. Ask my BFF, she'll tell you.
- I'm impressed with myself that I kept this up and didn't flake out. Not that I'm flaky, but it would have been easy to throw my hands up in frustration and call it quits.
- This challenge made me experience a whole range of emotions regarding blogging: overwhelmed, excited, underwhelmed with myself, sad, happy, excited, apprehensive, and looking forward to posting. Sometimes, all within 1 day!
- Packing only a carry on with only these 30 items to choose from was pretty simple.
- I sometimes looked forward to having a limited number of items to choose from when getting dressed - less decisions to make.
- But I was also really excited to have full use of my closet again :)
So, there it is! I did it! Maybe I'll do one again this fall or winter. What do you think about completing one? I can only recommend it! Any other challenges I should try?
Aaaaand, I'm linking up today with My Thrifty Chic :)