Pages

Saturday, July 27, 2013

Kacey, Eric, Kenny & the EYB


yes, those are croakies attached to my sunglasses - my brother & sis-in-law got me hooked. this pair came from a CO Rockies game, but for my next pair, I'm thinking something with my monogram...and yes, they are essential to my everyday life


This is what I wore to a concert last Saturday. Not just any concert. More like a get together of some old and new friends. Old friends like Kenny & the EYB, and new friends Eric & Kacey. We're such good friends that we're on a first name basis. 

*I wish*

I saw Kenny at Cheyenne Frontier Days (the mother of them all!) in 2009 with my Little, who is also named Annie and is blonde. And then I saw the Eli Young Band at the Grizzly Rose in 2010 with my roommates - the guys dressed up like the characters from South Park since they were performing in Colorado (nice touch). Great shows by both.

My sweet Mr. got tickets to see Kenny Chesney, Eric Church, the Eli Young Band, and Kacey Musgraves as part of the No Shoes Nation Tour at Sports Authority Field at Mile High (where the Denver Broncos play) for our first wedding anniversary in June (the first anniversary gift is paper). He told me I could take anyone I wanted to the show and I said "You. Obviously!" and he said "Are you sure? You can take ANYONE." (he's not a fan of country). But I think he enjoyed himself at the show - he even liked a few of Eric's songs, and some EYB tunes. And he admitted that Kenny puts on a good show. Cause he really does. 

NO SHOES NATION forevaaaaa!

in the car on the way to the show
don't worry - we were at a complete standstill. we sat in traffic for well over an hour to get to the stadium
in our seats, watching the Eli Young Band. gosh, they're so good!
his Corona, my marg. typical.

Colorado sunsets - nothing better
Kenny! Kenny Chesney!
Thank you for the tickets, and for being my date, sweetheart! You know how those 4 musicians speak to my soul. Them and Jimmy Buffett, of course. (I'm a HUGE Parrothead - did you know?) No one else I would have wanted to go with! Now it's my turn to go to a show of your choice, I guess ;)

and I'm linking up over here today for Friday's Five Link Up, so check it out!

Dress: Kohl's
Boots: Steve Madden via DSW
Hat: Target
Bag: thrifted

1 comment:

  1. Oh what a great night! I love your shift dress, so pretty!
    xo
    styleontheside.com

    ReplyDelete