Pages

Thursday, July 25, 2013

Family Dinner


that's a speakeasy behind me. been there 1 time. and it was neat.
 

sparkly shoes again! it's not that I WANTED to wear them, but that I HAD to. my heels were covered in blisters from my trip to Vegas, so something without backs were (was?) necessary #truestory
Mama, embarrassed by my lovin'

A few weeks ago, my parents came through town on their way home from Yellowstone. They swung by my work and got the grand tour, then headed downtown, where my Mr. & I met up with them for dinner. They had taken a guided kayaking tour and camped for a few days. They were full of stories of nature, and excitement for their hot showers and REAL bed they had slept in the night before. 

They're pretty neat. And they go on cool trips. And SOMETIMES us kids get to go. But SOMEONE in our family has to work, I guess 
 *sigh* 
I'm a martyr over here, Mom & Dad. 
 I kid! You know I kid!

I mean, when you've been married (to the same person) for 30+ years, and have built successful careers doing what you love, and have the time AND money, it's totally acceptable to go cool places without inviting your grown children. I'm sure D & I will do the same. Someday. 

Sort of related to the above topic, my parents call my brother and I their "bios" (biological children) and our spouses their "golden children" or the "chosen ones." Guess that proves who they like more. 
Their daughter-in-law and son-in-law, obviously ;) 

aaaaaand, linking up over here today 

Shirt: J. Crew (thrifted)
Pants: Target (thrifted)
Shoes: RocketDog via DSW
Bag: Isaac Mazrahi Live! (thrifted)
cute Mom & Dad: my sweet grandparents :)


1 comment:

  1. OMG those sparkly shoes are soo fun! I would wear them all the time if I owned a pair!

    xo jen
    Pearls & Lace

    ReplyDelete