Pages

Sunday, January 11, 2015

eye-popping blue + sweater #6







This “skirt” is really a dress – I’m really trying to get more wear out of my (summer) dresses by layering and adding tights. I know I could always wear a black cardigan over a dress, but that feels a little too easy to do all the time, so I tried this dress on with most of the pullover sweaters in my closet. There just so happens to be teeny bits of blue in this floral print, so this eye-popping-blue v-neck was the clear winner.

And now, an explanation for featuring my sweater "collection" this month...

A few weeks ago, I counted how many sweaters I had, and I had about 26. Couple that with my attempt to come up with my own style/blog challenge, and I came up with the idea to wear a sweater every day in January. I purchased one more sweater, and have a few nicer sweatshirts, plus a few sweater dresses/skirts, bringing the total to 31.

And there's 31 days in January, soooo

I figured January is as good a month as any to wear sweaters - it'll obviously be too warm in the summer, and the fall and spring in Colorado can be hit or miss (60 degrees or -20). But January is pretty consistently cold, and so, a sweater a day in January was born!


dress: c/o Aéropostale
sweater: GAP
scarf: gift
tights: Old Navy
boots: c/o Aéropostale

4 comments:

  1. Haaaa, love that picture of your dog!
    And I like the style of the sweater over the dress with the scarf. Nice wintery outfit!
    (I'm afraid to count how many sweaters I have...)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. he is quite photogenic, isn't he? thanks - I get so bored wearing my sweaters the same way all winter

      Delete
  2. I love the challenge!!! You always look great and I see the puppy made it into a shot today!
    xo
    styleontheside.com

    ReplyDelete