Pages

Friday, May 24, 2013

Optical Illusions




My Mr. wasn't available to take my pictures, so, mirror pics are what I've got for ya today.

I had no intention of looking cute today (simply because I hit the snooze button 878 times), but I saw my mint jeans in the closet and thought "I like those. They're cute. They make me happy. I will wear them." Then the gray shirt. And I needed another layer for the sub-arctic climate of my office. I was skeptical about this polka dot chambray on top, but I think it worked! Tell me for real, did it?

I got the polka dot top at a thrift store - I spotted the dotted denim from across the store and made a beeline for it (I avoided eye contact, and might have hopped over a rack of shirts, ninja-style). I love the print and the color, the only issue is that the shirt is a little boxy on me. It's cute tucked in, under something, or over something, but buttoned up by itself I think it adds a few unwanted pounds to my frame. Occasionally, I battle this by
flailingmyarmsreallyfastsoyoucantseethatmyshirtisaweebitboxy.
I also use this technique with shoes, other articles of clothing & accessories that might look better under the guise of an optical illusion. Maybe I'll show you a video of it. Someday. Maybe. Don't hold me to that.

Have a great Memorial Day Weekend, and remember to remember the men and women who have served our great country. I'll be thanking my two favorite veterans: Mom & Dad.

Shirt: Target
Chambray: thrifted
Mint Jeans: Lauren Conrad via Kohl's
Sandals: Born Concept

Linking up HERE today - my first one!

4 comments:

  1. Lovely outfit! I love your polka dot button up and your mint jeans.

    -Vogue&Heels
    www.vogueandheels.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well boxy shirt or not, you're looking real slim. Help me get back into shape after eating all this chocolate abroad?! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love polka dot chambray! xoLili

    www.satinandscotch.com
    www.keatonrow.com/stylist/lalili

    ReplyDelete