Pages

Saturday, May 11, 2013

Coated Denim

just hanging out at a playground
so many rocks in my sandals #playgroundproblems

my first pair of coated denim!
So, I did some shopping the other day. Let me just tell you a wee bit about it.

I had some Kohl's cash after a recent shopping trip for my Mr. So, after work the other day, I took my happy self to Kohl's to see what I could unearth from the clearance racks. About an hour later, I left with the above pants, a pair of mint jeans, and a sequined skirt. Those three items for under $10! I had downloaded the Retail Me Not app earlier in the day and discovered a 20% off coupon that I could use in addition to my Kohl's cash. Can we talk about a deal?!

Anyway, this is my first pair of coated denim. This is a different look for me, and I really like it! It's a bit edgier, and not so "sunshine & rainbows." Not that there's anything wrong with that, or that I dislike being an optimist who enjoys wearing bright and happy colors, but sometimes it's nice to mix it up and dress for a change - "live on the edge," if you will ;)

I wore this outfit on a double date to have dinner at Red Robin and then to see Iron Man 3. Robert Downey Jr. is so great as Tony Stark (and also as Sherlock Holmes). He's quick and witty, and delivers his lines so naturally and easily. Robert Downey Jr. IS Tony Stark.

Sweater: thrifted
Tank: Target
Pants: Kohl's
Sandals: Shoe Carnival
Necklace & Earrings: Target

4 comments:

  1. I officially pinned that first picture onto my Style Board on Pinterest. The posing is perfect. The colors are AMAZING. And you look beyond perfect wearing a sweater in May.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute! Even better what a fantastic deal!!!!
    xo
    styleontheside.com

    ReplyDelete