Pages

Sunday, May 12, 2013

Minty Fresh


lovin' on my Pretty Girl

LOVE this jacket, but I've had a hard time styling it, so today is its first appearance on Sweet Bananie!


Without the jacket, this outfit looks colorblock-esque. With the jacket, monochromatic-esque. With, without, with, without. Tricky, huh? ;) Either way, I like it! Perfect for having brunch with a friend before hitting up a thrift store on a beautiful spring day. 

I've been wanting to put together a monochromatic look for a few weeks. This outfit was a way to dip my toes into the monochromatic-outfit-pool without diving in headfirst. I'm afraid of putting something together that is just TOO much. But, this has given me the confidence to try this again with a different color scheme - hooray! Hooray for confidence building exercises in outfit choosing! (Was that nerdy? I think it was - oh dear...) Any other suggestions/ideas for my next monochromatic look?

These mint jeans are part of my purchase from Kohl's last week. I just couldn't wait to wear all my new finds - I was thinking up ways to wear them before I had even left the store. Does anyone else do that, or is it just me?

Also, Happy Mother's Day to all the mamas out there! We celebrated Mother's Day with my sweet mama last weekend, and are spending today with my mother-in-law, feasting on seafood and going to a movie. Be sure to tell your mom how much you love & appreciate her!

Shirt: Kohl's
Pants: Lauren Conrad - Kohl's
Jacket: local boutique
Sandals: Sears
Earrings & matching necklace: gift from my brother when I got my ears pierced ;)
Other necklace: gift from my Mama

No comments:

Post a Comment