Pages

Wednesday, May 29, 2013

Twirling







I'm convinced that skirts & dresses were made for twirling

I wore this outfit to start off our Memorial Day Weekend. We laid low, saw some friends, lounged, and caught up on some sleep (and laundry, too). It was just what I needed - starting this coming weekend our summer is pretty full with weddings, parties, trips, and all the other elements of a fun summer. 

I found this skirt at Goodwill. I'm sure it wasn't intended to be a maxi skirt, but when you're short like me, you can pull this off. For example, my mom was hesitant to order my first dress from Lilly Pulitzer a few birthdays back, because the dresses looked to short to her online. But then I reminded her that the models were all probably much taller than 5'8", and I'm only 5'4", so really, what hit them above the knee would probably be below my knees - maybe even to my ankles. Ankles was a bit of an exaggeration, but the length was perfect for my short legs!

On another note, I need to remember to not pair these sandals with this skirt - the hem of the skirt kept catching on my sandals every time I took a step. Grrr.


Top: Nordstrom
Tank: Wal-Mart
Skirt: Goodwill
Sandals: Sears
Earrings: Target
Bracelets: Aeropostale, thrifted, Target

7 comments:

  1. I love skirts that make you want to twirl! I do the same thing. You're adorable!

    xo, Yi-chia
    Always Maylee

    ReplyDelete
  2. Alright, well now I officially have to find a maxi skirt and steal this outfit. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stopping by from the what she wears link-up! I just love your skirt...and twirling :)
    www.sokateblog.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Loving those arm candies and your earrings! Ha, I am guilty of doing these playful shots too whenever I'm wearing a long skirt. Can't help it!

    Would you like to follow each other via GFC? I'd love to hear from you, be sure to comment when you visit: www.fashchronicles.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ooh I'm with you... skirts are totally for twirling!! Love all your jewelry ps!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Super cute! Glad you linked up for our Maxi "what she wears" you look fab!

    run-style-run.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete