Pages

Friday, May 31, 2013

Lunch Lady Chic?





This top - what do we think? I bought it (thrifted) last summer with high expectations - "It'll go so well with shorts or skinnies, as a light flowy blouse." Yet, whenever I wear it, I can't decide if it's cute, or makes me look like a lunch lady. Nothing wrong with being a lunch lady, but I work in an office. And I pack my own lunch (most of the time - unless there's Asian or Mexican on the horizon, then all bets are off), so there's no need for a lunch lady, really. 

The fate of this top rests with you: if it's cute/flowy/looks nice/is worth hanging on to, let me know and I'll keep it. If you think it makes me look older & more boxy than my 20-something years, let me know and out it goes. No pressure.

Also, today I'm linking up with Coffee Beans and Bobby Pins and FACE IT Catalog for their Friday's Five Linkup, which is pretty neat.

Hope you have a great weekend! My Mr. and I will be celebrating our first wedding anniversary - I can't believe our big day was (almost) 1 year ago! Also, interested in seeing some pictures from our wedding and and/or some throwbacks from our dating days, beginning in 2005?

Shirt: thrifted
Pants: Old Navy via Plato's Closet
Sandals: Born Concept
Earrings: Claire's (crowns for ZTA!)
Necklace: from our cruisin' honeymoon

3 comments:

  1. congrats on your anniversary!!

    i really struggle with finding good white blouses. if you're not in love with it, keep searching. i've bought and sold tons of them. one day i'll probably have to invest in a good one. but white just gets stained to easily!


    $50 VISA gift card GIVEAWAY ends June 3!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't looooove it. I think the sleeves are a bit too long...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was thinking the same thing as Lara--it's cute...and then the more I looked at it the sleeves just kept getting longer...I am still on the hunt for a good white non-lunch lady or too-big button up blouse. Perhaps they are all in that pot of gold at the end of the rainbow...

    ReplyDelete