Pages

Saturday, April 6, 2013

Spring Stripes

No matter how cliche it sounds, or how many times you hear it, it IS tough to dress for this time of year! It's freezing in the morning, but today it hit 72 degrees this afternoon. It's warm outside, but my office is FREEZING! What's a girl to do?! Wear long sleeves, a long light skirt, all with sandals. I know, juxtaposing seasons together, but it worked! For today, anyway :)




I did get asked why I was so dressed up today...my response: a shrug and "Just wanted to look nice for spring!" My office is pretty casual, so anything beyond jeans and a blouse/nice top is "dressed up," which I know is absurd to some. My parents both can't believe that I'll wear jeans, and *GASP* the occasional t-shirt to work. I work in higher ed, and across campus the dress code is pretty casual. Don't get me wrong, I LOVE it - I love being able to wear jeans, or tennis shoes (tenniepumps, as my sis-in-law says), but I do wish the that occasional skirt or slacks wouldn't get questioned so much.

 



What's the dress code where you work or go to school?

Top: Old Navy
Skirt: thrifted from my favorite thrift store that has since closed its doors. Boo.
Sandals: Maurice's
Earrings: gift from my mom

1 comment:

  1. You're right, it is hard to dress during this time of year but it's always fun to layer! I'm really loving that skirt.
    xo
    girlintheyellowdress.com

    ReplyDelete