Pages

Monday, April 29, 2013

Mr. Picks Mondays: Bright Stripes



Here's another bright shirt on a Monday - I think he's into bright colors for spring, don't you?

 

bracelet my mama got me

"It's what's on the inside that counts"
WHY can't I keep that in mind more often?!



I'm not sure that horizontal stripes are doing me any favors lately (too much snacking), BUT, my half marathon is this weekend. I can hear you asking: "Why haven't you been training consistently for the last 3 months?" That, my friends, is a great question. 

Seriously though, I get pretty bad blisters on my feet: on the balls of my feet, my heels, the sides of my feet, even between my toes. It's no fun to run when your feet are killing you. Couple that with the fact that I'm really slow (I mean REALLY. Somehow I walk faster than I run), and I always wind up really sore after a run. Unfortunately, I haven't gotten my rear in gear like I should have.

My dad is doing this half marathon with me, and he's been training, so we all know who will be feeling better after running 13.1 miles. Not to worry: I've scheduled a massage for the day after, and a mani/pedi might be in my future, too. 

I'll keep you posted on how it goes. One way or another - walking, crawling, running, handsprings, or on piggyback, I will finish those 13.1 miles! And I've set a pretty generous window as a goal for myself ;)

Top: WalMart
Jeans: Gap
Sandals: via Trends
Necklace: Kohls
Watch: a gift from our honeymoon
Bracelet: gift from my sweet mama

2 comments:

  1. Good luck! I hope it goes really well. I find that gel moleskin really helps alleviate the pressure of blisters....
    xo
    girlintheyellowdress.com

    ReplyDelete