Pages

Thursday, June 13, 2013

30 for 30: Day 9



  

photobomb

This is what I wore Sunday. It was SO. HOT. 

I waited all day for it to cool down so I could go running, but it never did! So, as soon as we took these pictures, I threw on my running shoes and new running skirt (from Marshall's!) and headed out. I had planned to do 4 miles, but since I didn't even get going til 8:20, I ended at 2. It was still warm out, but I didn't want to be running by myself in the dark. 

I'm trying to get up early and go running before work before it gets too hot, but my bed and I have this really great relationship where we like to spend as much time together as possible. Any tips to becoming an early-riser so I can be a morning runner?

I hit up Old Navy & Marshall's this past weekend - Old Navy  had a great deal on running shorts for the whole family. They had 2 pairs left in my size, so I scooped up 1 pair, and then headed to the men's section and grabbed 2 pairs for my Mr. He's doing the Tough Mudder this weekend and wanted some lighter shorts for the big event. And at Marshall's I picked up a running skirt for $15 and a running bra in mint - pretty exciting things! I think my skirt makes me run faster...maybe not. Either way, I FEEL really fast & cool, so, that counts for something.

As for the Black Forest Fire, I've been following the news here. They just released a list of homes lost to the fire - some of my good friends have lost their family homes. My heart is breaking for them.360 homes lost to this fire, 14 partially affected.

2 comments:

  1. I really really love this outfit! And are those mustache earrings?! Because that is awesome.
    And I've tried so hard to be a morning exerciser... I tend to be an 'early riser' but to go out and run and sweat and stuff? No...I make it to the coffee pot and some reading.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yes, mustaches! I saw them and HAD to have them! so far it hasn't happened this week, BUT we didn't get home til LATE Sun night, and today is one of my off days for running, so, tomorrow?

      Delete