Pages

Friday, March 27, 2015

tough to spring






You guys, I'm finding it tough to transition into spring outfits. I'm hanging onto the dark colors and layers and sweaters.

What is the deal?! I LOVE sunshine and warmth and sandals. 

I think it's that I'm more comfortable creating outfits with layers - the layers allow for more visual interest. In the summer, when it's hot, it's a top and a bottom. And typically sandals. That's about it. Most of the time it even feels too hot to wear jewelry, let alone a light jacket or cardigan or scarf. It's not that I don't like summer clothes - please don't misunderstand me.

What I like about layering is that it allows me the opportunity to remix my closet and the items in it - I can create LOTS of outfits using the same piece. In the summer, it feels like I've got a lot more limited options, since I can't really put anything over it, or wear it with tights, or add a scarf, or a vest or jacket on top. It's less pieces to remix and put together. But maybe I should just use this as an opportunity to flex my styling muscles?

Is this making any sense? I'm looking forward to warmer weather, I just always have a tricky time with the transition of the seasons - it takes me a few weeks to wrap my clothing & styling brain around the changing temperatures. Anyone else experience the same thing? Or am I the only goon hanging onto sweaters and scarves?


sweater: thrifted (J. Crew)
pants: Target
scarf: Pendleton
flats: thrifted

No comments:

Post a Comment