Pages

Saturday, September 27, 2014

transitioning the other way, part 2





This outfit was an attempt at dressing for warmer weather, but with the colder weather clothes that were still front-and-center in my closet. So, a ¾ sleeve striped shirt, light-weight green jacket, skinnies, and flats with strawberries on them.

I’m having a hard time wrapping my head around the fact that this outfit and the next couple are from back in May – feels like so many things have changed, yet so many have stayed the same…

- I’m now a redhead (of sorts)
- these jeans (and several others) are big on me since I’ve been running
- we lost our sweet Cali girl
- I got a promotion at work
- the Mr.’s work has continued to be a rollercoaster
- one best friend had a baby, and is now a mother
- another best friend moved to my city, and we see each other a lot more regularly than we have in a long time
- I got to see another best friend and her son, and friends, and family in Florida for the 4th of July
- I ran a 10k and another half marathon with my Dad (more to come on that soon)
- I gained more Instagram, Twitter & Bloglovin followers
- I deepened some existing friendships and relationships, and developed new ones
- I spent lots of time determining what makes me truly happy, and am trying to do/experience more of that
- I still curl my hair like this
- I still like to wear blue (makes my eyes POP!)
- I’m trying to adopt the idea of simplicity into many areas of my life, with the hope that it will spill over into everything

Needless to say, this past summer, and past year, has been a season of growth and change.
What about for you?


shirt: thrifted (French Connection)
jacket: thrifted (Land’s End)
jeans: Aéropostale
flats: Keds

No comments:

Post a Comment