Pages

Monday, August 18, 2014

big day






Remember a few weeks ago when I told you it's cool to still be patriotic after the 4th of July? Well, it's true. And here's more proof. Call me crazy, but I'm excited to style this scarf into fall and winter. 

In other news, today is a BIG DAY. One of my best friends is moving! And not just moving anywhere - moving to where I live! Not the same house, or neighborhood, but a lot closer than we've lived since...high school? She moved some things into her new apartment the week before last, and we spent all afternoon & evening talking. I didn't make it home til after midnight...So, this time, I'm wondering if I should pack my pajamas and a sleeping bag, just like we used to do in middle school.

I've been waiting all spring and summer for her to get here and now that it's finally (almost) here, I can hardly contain my excitement. We always keep in touch, but there's nothing quite like being in the same place with your best friend. My two other best friends live on the East Coast, and the other in Hawaii, and then of course my sweet sis-in-law is out east, too, so phone calls & texts are our main way of keeping in touch. But nothing beats staying up late and catching up with a friend in her new apartment, am i right??


dress: thrifted
scarf: Aéropostale
shoes: thrifted (ELLE)

No comments:

Post a Comment