Pages

Saturday, June 28, 2014

Dressing for America's Birthday, Part I






Since this Friday is the 4th of July / America’s Birthday / Independence Day / one of the best days of the year, I thought I’d share at least TWO patriotic / festive outfit ideas with y’all (one today, and anothertomorrow). And I thought I’d share them early for two reasons:

1) So you have time to go shopping for your festive gear if you are lacking in that department.

2) I plan to be on a boat or on the beach (or both!) for the 4th in a festive bikini with one of my best friends and family, so, there won’t really be much of an outfit to share…Of course, I’ll be Instagramming & Tweeting pics of boating, day drinking, floating, beaching, frolicking, celebrating, and general debauchery.

Up first, a layered look. White pants, a festive burnout tank with stars (so. much. glitter. everywhere), and a chambray thrown over the top. I went with metallic sandals to tie in the stars in my shirt, but I was this close to wearing red wedges. Obviously, comfort won out – as it typically does for me...

Check out last year’s festive 4th of July get-ups: here and here


star tank: WalMart
chambray: thrifted
pants: Old Navy
Cleopatra sandals: Target

1 comment:

  1. Great outfit! I'm looking forward to Canada day actually. Your hair looks fabulous in these pics!
    xo
    styleontheside.com

    ReplyDelete