Pages

Friday, May 8, 2015

fancy pants






These shorts are pretty fancy. And let me tell you why.

They're a nice, light chambray material, and they happen to straddle that delicate line between dark-dark blue and black. Midnight, if you will.

They're a nice length - not Daisy Dukes, but not flashback-to-the-90s-long. Incredibly appropriate for Mother's Day Brunch (not for me though - it's supposed to snow on Sunday. gross.), but cool enough you could wear them out with friends and not get made fun of.

The cut and fit of them is similar to dress pants, but without the length (oooobviously). So what I've just described is essentially the perfect pair of shorts. Unless, of course, you're going for a Daisy Duke look, or want to wear hot pink shorts, or shorts with anchors...and then, by all means, these are not the perfect pair of shorts for that occasion.

Oh oh - and another reason why these shorts are great: I got them on super sale at an Ann Taylor outlet with a funny cousin of mine last fall. I've been saving them for this spring, and I''m so glad I snatched them up for $5 when I saw them on a brisk October day in Minnesota.


teal tunic: Target
shorts: Ann Taylor Outlet
metallic wedges: thrifted (ELLE)


linking up with:

4 comments:

  1. Whoo hoo, $5!!! You are so cute and fancy!!!' Adore that scarf too!! Hope your weekend is amazing!!

    livingoncloudandreanine.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great look, beautiful scarf and I really love these shorts they are perfect.

    ReplyDelete