Pages

Saturday, May 16, 2015

most favorite







This is one of my favorite outfits of ALL TIME *Kanye at the 2009 VMAs*
Let’s examine the elements that make it MOST FAVORITE, shall we?

1) the dress

It's feminine, fun, bright, and pink + navy = love

I got it last fall, and have only worn it once. I tend to not wear Lilly dresses for every day activities (work), because they are too fancy. But adding a shirt underneath disguised the dress as more of a jumper, instead of a fun party dress (which it is, in its real life).

And also, this dress is a heavier fabric, making it perfect to wear each and every season – the lack of sleeves make it ideal for summer, but the weight is heavier than a cotton sundress, so it won’t look out of place with tights, sweaters, and boots when the cold comes around again.

2) the layering of a classic button-up shirt underneath the dress

By now, I hope you know that I LOVE button-ups. However, this navy blue one always stumps me on how to wear it, because it’s so basic. And depending on the day, it feels too big and, yet, too small, sometimes. Weird, I know.

3) the shoes (the shoes are two-fold)

a) adding leopard print in the form of my shoes = print mixing (that, and they were more comfortable to walk to my lunch date in)

b) the bedazzled blue flats create a more cohesive look with the dress and button-up (I switched to these after work to run an errand to look more like a grown up)

4) good hair day

I have since gotten a trim and *dun dun dun* gone to the dark side (proof on Instagram), but sometimes my hair is long and flowy enough that I feel like a mermaid (you know what I mean).

5) the handsome pup in the last picture

O has been such a great addition to our little family, first as a companion to Turbo, and now as an only dog. He is full of personality, love, and silly little antics. #obsessed


dress: Lilly Pulitzer
button up: thrifted (J. Crew)
blue flats: thrifted
leopard flats: c/o Aero


linking up:

No comments:

Post a Comment