Pages

Tuesday, February 18, 2014

Mr. Picks Mondays: "Dweater"








You might recognize this dress from this past summer - I wore it to a sorority sister's wedding. Several other sisters came up and stayed with us, so my lucky Mr. got to be our DD, 
as well as our "chaperone."

The reason he chose this dress for the latest Mr. Picks Mondays was because I had just finished re-pretty-ify-ing my closet and re-hanging and re-folding (almost) everything. So, this dress was prominently displayed, and he chose it for me to wear. 

Since the back of the dress is open, I chose a warm sweater to make it work appropriate, and then kept the sweater on all day. My fleece-lined tights were a finishing touch - you know I love 'em (so warm & comfy!)

What do you think? Too summery? Or did the abundance of textures (lace, chunky sweater, cable-knit tights, and a polka dot scarf) make it winter appropriate? Personally, I'm a fan of how it turned out.

linking up with:


dress: Urban Outfitters [[similar below OR check out this similar dress in blue lace I just got from Aéro]]
sweater: Aéropostale [[<--exact in link]]
scarf: Aéropostale
belt: Target [[similar below]]
tights: local boutique [[similar below]]
boots: Rack Room Shoes [[similar below]]

SHOP THE LOOK...OR SOMETHING SIMILAR

4 comments:

  1. pretty dress - LOVE the color!
    ~Ellen
    www.everydayfancy.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks! loving your blog - following you on Bloglovin & Insta now!

      Delete
  2. I love the WHOLE outfit! I'm a sucker for layering a look. It's always cold in the office and hot outside (or vice versa)...so you can't go wrong.
    Visiting from my website alyssabarnettbeauty.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. oh yeah, hot, cold, hot, cold - layers are the only way to deal!

      Delete