Pages

Wednesday, January 14, 2015

the sweater saga, part 2 + sweaters 10 & 11





I'm counting this sweatshirt and warm charcoal-colored maxi skirt as sweaters 10 and 11.
Keep reading to hear more about my thoughts on my closet, my sweaters, and minimalism...

part 1 of the Sweater Saga here

My purpose in sharing my "Sweater Saga" on my little blog is not to gloat and show off how many sweaters (or other items of clothing I own), or impress anyone with my precise mathematics of 31 sweaters in 31 days. But in the past year, I've become really intrigued and fascinated with the idea of minimalism.

Before you stop reading, I'm not saying I'm going to become extreme and give away all of my possessions and move into a tiny home, but I have been trying to incorporate some minimalist principles to my life. I've started asking myself: "Do I really need this? Should this even enter my home?" I'm trying to be very thoughtful when it comes to bringing items into my home or adding things to my life - I've discovered that stuff overwhelms me. Easily. Upkeeping it, moving it, cleaning it, maintaining it.

This is something I've got lots of thoughts about, so stay tuned...

Oh, oh, and I linked up this outfit from the other day over here for a weekly style challenge!


sweatshirt: American Eagle
v-neck: Target
scarf: WalMart
skirt: thrifted
boots: c/o Aéropostale

No comments:

Post a Comment