Pages

Tuesday, November 18, 2014

ah-sessoreez (accessories)



 




This evening, the Mr. and I went out to frolick with my bestie and her boyfriend, who was in town. I knew I wanted to wear my new Frye boots, so I (kind of) built my entire outfit around it. My bestie had also told me that when I wear this jacket, I should pair it with something very feminine – the epitome of juxtaposing. Since the jacket is so dark and utilitarian, she thought it would look great with a flirty or twirly skirt or dress underneath. So, I paired it with a lace/crochet skirt and a soft cream sweater.
Sweet and girly, topped off with a utility jacket.
AND NEW BOOTS.

Additionally, another good friend of mine, Lyndsie (she took some of our wedding photos - check out her website here) mentioned to me several months ago that she doesn’t know how to wear accessories, and could use some help and ideas. So, I’ve decided to do my best to focus on accessories for the month of November – how to wear them, how to pair them, how to use them to complete, or enhance, an outfit (thanks for the idea, Lynds!). 

I tend to view accessories as "finishing pieces," or "completer pieces." Without them, you're fully clothed, but your look might be a bit "blah," or "basic." I tend to be running late in the mornings when I'm getting dressed and forget to ah-sessorize, but have lately tried to make an effort to complete my looks by being thoughtful with my jewelry& scarves&hats&tights&newglasses.

In the above look, I added some jewelry, switched to a fun clutch, and added herringbone-print nude tights. And the jacket counts, too, I would say (and I guess the croakies and sunglasses, too...). Without all of those items, I'm still dressed, but it's not too exciting - accessories help to add depth and dimension.


sweater: American Eagle
skirt: AĆ©ropostale
scarf: gift from a friend
tights: Old Navy
boots: Frye via Nordstrom
jacket: thrifted (Land's End)
clutch: thrifted

1 comment:

  1. Those boots are really great! I'm also loving your scarf.
    xo
    styleontheside.com

    ReplyDelete