Pages

Friday, March 21, 2014

Celebrations

Last week, I turned the big TWO FIVE. I'm 25. Solidly in my mid-twenties. Inching closer and closer to 30 (!!!). When I was in college, my friends and I would groan about getting older, and the younger girls in my sorority would tease us for "being old" and staying in for an evening, instead of heading "out."

While that used to be my view, I've recently adopted a more mature outlook on my yearly anniversary of being born - I'm going to enjoy it.
And relish it.
And look forward to everything this 25th year of life offers. 

I recently came across this quote:

"Do not regret growing old. It is a privilege denied to many."
- Unknown

And it struck a chord with me. How powerful.

So, I plan to be thankful for being 25. After all, good things came out of my 24th year - we bought a home, I started a new job that I enjoy, we bought a new-to-us (fast!) car, I got better at skiing, I ran a half-marathon, the Mr. did the Tough Mudder, we made new friends, and strengthened old friendships, celebrated our marriage, loved on our pups, and, oh, I started this little blog exactly 1 year ago today :)

a new Lilly Pulitzer dress - this has become a birthday tradition. My Mr. picks one out for me, (all on his own!) and surprises me with it on my birthday. He's got good taste, no?

I love Lilly dresses because they're typically so bright and colorful (except the 2 white ones from my Mr.), and they're classy dresses - I love to wear mine to showers, parties, and I wore one to our wedding rehearsal dinner. I know they're all over at the Carolina Cup, the Kentucky Derby, and tea parties :)

As I mentioned above, I started this blog one year ago today, with this little post right here. I like to think I've grown leaps and bounds in terms of blogging and style. S

o, if you've stuck around since Day 1, or just got here, thanks for sticking with me, and here's to another year!


I got fancy schmancy cupcakes at a local cupcake place in celebration of Sweet Bananie's "blogiversary", Buttercream Cupcakery - check them out if you're in Northern Colorado!



SIMILAR LILLY DRESSES
(without the sleeves)

1 comment: