Pages

Monday, June 30, 2014

Mr. Picks Mondays - Maxi Dress (on a short girl)







Here’s that black maxi dress again – are you sick of seeing it yet? I’m not - I really like wearing it. And I plan to wear it.
All.
Summer.
Long.

It’s a wee bit long on my 5’4” self, however. The straps are a bit long on my shoulders (common for me), so it makes deciding on a bra a bit more tricky. Not impossible -  just requires a bit more forethought.

I went with a larger size when I purchased this maxi dress – the smaller size fit perfectly in the 
Old Navy dressing room, but I was concerned that:

1) The dress would shrink when I washed it, and I didn’t want to be wearing the maxi dress equivalent of high-waters. However, the opposite has happened – I think the skirt of the dress gets longer every time I wear it…

and

2) The larger size allows me to eat a few more donuts (and burritos. and ice cream. and guacamole. and peanut butter. and popcorn. and wine. and New Belgium Snapshots.) than a dress that fits and drapes just so.


maxi dress: Old Navy
striped cardigan: rue21
sandals: Shoe Carnival

No comments:

Post a Comment