Pages

Monday, April 18, 2016

a bachelorette party




When you are expecting, things that were previously a part of your social life are not quite the same.

Say, for example, a bachelorette party. A friend of mine is getting married Memorial Day weekend in Texas, and we won't be able to attend. Her bachelorette party, however, was being held in town where I live, so I was able to go. And this is what I wore.

You might be thinking "That doesn't look like typical bachelorette party attire, Annie." And you would be quite right, my friends. Normally, I'd wear something a bit different (most likely a party dress and heels), but I attended this party during the day, right after a snowstorm. Hence, the layers and the boots.

Additionally, the bride and other party-attendees had ordered matching tank tops in dark purple and lilac, but I declined, as nobody wants to see this girl squeeze into a party tank top at the moment. So, I wore a basic black tank dress, black fleece-lined tights, rain boots, a dark purple cardigan and a lilac scarf, so I wouldn't be TOO out of place.

While I didn't attend the entire party (a Friday to Sunday event, with one evening in Denver, one in Northern Colorado, hotel rooms, and lots of champagne), I did attend Saturday day for a scavenger hunt around town in a party bus and a stop for delicious local lunch. Then we showered the bride with gifts, and while everyone else took a power nap, I went on home to lay low and watch some Netflix in my pajamas. It was a win-win in my book - I celebrated the bride, got to be comfortable, and got home at a reasonable hour, 3 of my favorite things!


black tank dress: American Apparel via sorority recruitment (non-maternity)
purple cardigan: Ann Taylor (non-maternity)
lilac scarf: gift
black fleece-lined tights: Kansas City Kitty (non-maternity)
rain boots: gift

No comments:

Post a Comment