Pages

Wednesday, February 3, 2016

old faithful




I've worn this dress at a variety of sizes - even at my thinnest, I toyed (for 1 silly second) with the idea of getting rid of it, but decided to keep it. And I'm glad I did. This dress always looks good, and if it's a teeny bit too big, I just belt it and call it a day.

Currently, it's part of my small collection of dresses that fit my growing bump (I've officially "popped" in the last week and a half). The waistband is just high enough to comfortably (for now, anyways) fit over my belly. I've been layering shirts and tights under for this winter weather (I had a snow day today! most likely my first and last grown up snow day), because there are little ties/bows on the shoulders that don't slide easily under sweaters. This dress has pockets, is a flattering length, and wouldn't you know, I found it at the thrift store, in the wrong section, inside out. I took an inexpensive chance and it's one of my favorite thrift store finds EVER. I'm not sure I'll ever part with it.

Today's lesson in maternity dressing: try layers under your dress - up top and on bottom.


Breton striped top: Target (not maternity)
dress: thrifted (not maternity)
fleece lined tights: GG Boutique (not maternity)
ankle booties: Old Navy
scarf: Pendleton

No comments:

Post a Comment