Pages

Friday, February 5, 2016

new black pants





This is the first outing for some maternity pants I ordered from Pink Blush Maternity. My plan has never been to create an entire new wardrobe until our baby arrives - instead, I'm trying to stretch (literally & figuratively - ha!) the clothes I already had in my closet, with some thoughtful purchases to supplement.

First up: black pants. I knew I would get a lot of wear out of these, if my obsession with non-maternity black pants was any indication - they go with EVERYTHING. For real. And in the 2 weeks I've had these dark beauties, I've worn them at least twice a week to work, if not a few more times than that. I'm strategically planning laundry days.

I'm planning to write more about the "capsule wardrobe" approach I'm taking to my maternity style - stay tuned for some posts about my process, what I'm keeping, what I've tossed, and what I've already purchased / plan to purchase (not much on both fronts).

Don't worry, though, this is NOT going to become a maternity / mommy style only blog - pinky promise. However, that is something I'm having to dress around / dress up / consider when my pants don't fit, so there will be some of that. If that's not your cup of tea, I understand - maybe you'll stick around for my wit and charming personality? ;)


white sweater: (not maternity) borrowed from my Mama, Coldwater Creek
pants: (maternity) Pink Blush Maternity
black & white plaid scarf: thrifted
black flats: BCBG Generation, I think...

No comments:

Post a Comment