Pages

Saturday, September 14, 2013

My Gosh, Galoshes!

Before we begin, this pretty girl (above) is one of my oldest friends, and the first person besides my husband who I told about my blog. Last Saturday, she sent me this picture and said "Pattern mixing & coordinating details (sandals+belt&clutch+lipstick) inspired by Sweet Bananie. What do you think? :)"

I have to admit, this was pretty flattering! And doesn't she look great? Makes me itch to do some more pattern-mixing...What's funny is I'm the one who always sends her pictures of my outfits and asks for advice ;)






Sorry for the terrible picture quality (again). My Mr. has been crazy busy with work the past few weeks, and with the rain & floods this past week, was stuck in Denver due to road closures. Don't worry - he stayed with friends and had a grand time ;) But I haven't seen him in days, so I'm starting to forget what he looks like...just kidding! But, I sure do miss him. And the pups do, too - I'm not as fun to wrestle with, as I'm more of a cuddler.

This is what I wore to work on Thursday. Someone teased me about wearing rain boots in the morning, and by the afternoon, I'm sure they were eating their words, as that's when we heard about flooding all over the front range. The boots were a bit heavy to wear to all day inside, but whenever I had to run outside, I was glad I had them on - dry feet FTW.

Hope you have a great (and dry) Saturday. Reports of the devastation due to the flooding are coming in, and some areas were hit very hard - it's tough, especially since some areas in Colorado were hit so hard by the fires this summer & last. 

Maybe we should move? I vote the beach.

Linking up over here today for What I'm Loving Fridays. I'm not loving the flooding, but I am loving being safe, and having dry feet, thanks to my boots!

tank: Old Navy
sweater: Express
jeans: Trends
boots: Christmas gift from parents

4 comments:

  1. I love wearing rain boots!!

    Rosalyn
    www.just2fancy.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. The pattern mixing on your dear friend is great! Love your wellies! Thank you so much for linking up with What I'm Loving Fridays! Hope to see you back this week. Have a great weekend!

    xo Lulu
    simplylulustyle.com
    *What I'm Loving Fridays Link Up*

    ReplyDelete
  3. i was just thinking this am that I'm going to need some, love the pattern on yours!
    xo
    styleontheside.com

    ReplyDelete