Pages

Tuesday, September 1, 2015

and again






Here it is again - another chambray over another dress (see the last time I did that here). I'm softly kicking myself for not having tried this sooner. But, better late than never, right? RIGHT??

This dress is a hand-me-down from my bestie, and I'm trying to come up with an occasion to wear it on its own, but so far, I got nothin'. And I had nothing on the books when she first gave it to me. So, I put on my thinking cap and decided to pair it with a chambray so I could wear it THAT much sooner and not have to wait (and wait. and wait. and wait) to wear my pretty new dress.

That's crinoline sticking out of the bottom, so the skirt is pretty full - meaning, I could fluff it out quite a bit, if I so chose. Obviously, I did not on this day ('twould be silly to wear a very poofy skirt to work), but the option is there, ready to be utilized.

Now that you've seen me try it a few times, have you knotted a chambray over a dress?? Or, any shirt for that matter? Oh, do tell.


dress: from a friend
chambray: thrifted
sandals: DSW


linking up:

6 comments:

  1. The chambray + dress look is one of my favorites, love this! I especially love the mix of the dressy lace with casual chambray here--fun combo!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks - I really like how the chambray dressed down a fancy dress

      Delete
  2. Cute look! The lace and chambray is a great summer combo.

    Christie
    The Closet by Christie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks - hoping I can find a way to transition these pieces into fall, wish me luck!

      Delete
  3. Chambray and lace is such a gorgeous combination! I LOVE how you styled the blouse over your dress! Great way to get more wear out of fancy dresses.
    XO
    Katey
    Thanks for linking up with our Tuesday Fashion Party Link-Up!
    http://www.twopeasinablog.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks for stopping by - hoping to get more mileage out of these pieces with some creative layering

      Delete