Pages

Friday, June 26, 2015

plain & fancy









Whenever I wear this jacket, I try to pair it with something very feminine. I do this simply so I can find the perfect balance between a utilitarian/"rugged" (but nor really) look and a more softer, more girly one. And this outfit does just that - lacy tee, fancy shorts, fancy jewels & an olive green field/utility jacket.

Ta da!

Oh oh, and, you guys, it's Fridayyy. Cheers to the weekend!

lace shirt: gift
shorts: Ann Taylor Outlet
jacket: thrifted (Land's End)
sandals: WalMart
statement necklace: borrowed from Rocksbox
(use the code sweetbananiexoxo for a free month of jewelry rental)
peony bush: my backyard


linking up:

4 comments:

  1. Cute look! I love the contrast of your jacket and the lace!

    Christie
    The Closet by Christie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks! I thought it was the perfect mix of feminine and "utilitarian"

      Delete
  2. Great look,I really love how you styled that jacket, perfect combo, that lace tee is gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks - I always try to pair something really feminine with this jacket to strike that perfect balance

      Delete