Pages

Thursday, January 15, 2015

the sweater saga, part 3 + sweater #12





part 1 and part 2 of my Sweater Saga

I used to be of the "more is more!" mindset, but I find myself lately adopting the "less is more" / "simplicity is the ultimate sophistication mindset." At times, I feel overwhelmed with the amount of stuff I have/own, and subsequently have to maintain and upkeep. So, I'm trying to make a conscious effort to limit my "stuff." And that includes clothes.

I know my closet could always stand to lose a few items, and I'm becoming more and more comfortable with getting rid of things that don't flatter me, don't fit me well, or don't reflect me. I really enjoy "playing in my closet" - trying things on, pairing unlikely things together, further solidifying things I know I like to wear, and also getting rid of things. It's a more grown-up and real life version of dress up. 

All of that to say, I'm by no means a minimalist. But I can really appreciate many minimalist ideals - less is more, quality over quantity. I don't really need several of the same items, and I'm learning that less items = less maintenance. Which means more time to do fun things, like love on my pup, and read, and run, and ski, and sleep.

And those are things I'm into.


tunic: Hollister via a local consignment shop
chambray: Old Navy
sweater: Eddie Bauer
leggings: c/o Aéropostale
snow boots: SOREL

No comments:

Post a Comment